The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson, Reg Keeland

Posted: Sunday 11 August 2013 by Mandy in Labels: , , , , , ,
0

I don't usually read over hyped books, but since this is now quite an old book I finally decided to give it a try, and here's my take on it.
This book focuses on Mikael Blomkvist, a journalist who is sentenced to 3 months of prison time because of a published article that attacked a large Swedish businessman. He later on gets hired by a man who wants to find out what happened to his 16 year old niece Harriet who vanished without a trace.
Lisbeth Salander, the girl with the dragon tattoo (and piercings) is a private investigator and a hacker who joins forces with Mikael and tries to solve the case of mysteriously vanished Harriet.
I won't go into too many plot details but I found this book extremely action packed. It has many plots (which is what I was told about when I decided to get this book) but I found it very entertaining. It almost felt like a thriller and there were some parts over which I didn't necessary like, but I still managed to enjoy this book.
What I found extremely interesting was that I could've never guessed the plot of the book by just looking at the cover, which suggests it's quite seductive - in some moments it's quite the opposite. I very much enjoyed the language used in the book as it was very detailed and I could easily imagine all the characters and their personalities.
I read this in two days off work and I couldn't put it down, so I'd recommend taking some time off your usual activities because The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo WILL suck you in and steal your time. :)

Fun fact: The Swedish title of this book is 'Men Who Hate Women'.

xoxo Mandy

0 comments: