"Matilda" -Roald Dahl

Posted: Sunday 4 August 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , , , , , , ,
0

After becoming borderline obsessed with the recently-adapted musical of Dahl's masterpiece, I decided to re-read this wonderful book. I'd forgotten how much I adore it, one of the best compliments I've ever received is someone comparing me to Matilda.

Matilda focuses on a young girl with extraordinary mental capabilities. She has been born to the least understanding family possible, by a stroke of bad luck both of her parents are hideous human beings.
She starts school, only to find that the headmistress is even more atrocious than her parents, but finds comfort in her teacher, who instantly recognises her as being brilliant.

GODDAMNIT I DON'T WANT TO POST ANYTHING THAT MIGHT SPOIL IT, SO HERE ARE SOME STILLS FROM THE FILM.


Until next time,
Emerald Elizabeth.
P.S. Matilda totally has a happy ending

0 comments: