Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

Posted: Tuesday 13 August 2013 by Mandy in Labels: , , , ,
0

My interest in Little Women came from a Friends episode, when Rachel spoiled events of the book to Joey. I shared the same feelings as him when I was reading it as well, so well done Friends for spoiling a book to everyone.

Little women is based in  New England's nineteenth century and it features four women - Beth, Amy, Jo and Meg. Their father is off to face the war and the book talks about the girls coming off age.
I had mixed emotions reading this book as it involves religion, which is something I'm not a fan of, but I still decided to give it a go.
 The writing style is quite similar to books such as Pride and Prejudice and even The Sugar Girls, so if you're looking for a book to take you on a journey through the old days, give this one a go. 
I absolutely love the relationship between Amy and Laurie, which was, in my opinion, a lot better than Laurie and Jo. It was interesting to see different conflicts that the characters face and also the different personalities of the characters - Jo is an extreme tomboy, Meg is being classified as beautiful, Amy is the romantic dreamer and Beth faces an illness.
Don't watch the below clip if you have anger issues when someone spoils you something (well, I guess you could see it from the video title, sorry:P), but if not, enjoy one of the few Friends scenes where Joey actually reads and is passionate over a book.

xoxo Mandy

0 comments: