If Only - Geri Halliwell

Posted: Tuesday 13 August 2013 by Mandy in Labels: , , , , ,
0

The next 4 reviews will be the final addition to this readathon from my part. I've never thought I'd actually be able to read so many books and I finally read most of my home library. If anyone is stuck on finishing their books I'd really recommend for them to do something like this - plus it helps us with our writing!

Why am I adding an autobiography into this? Because this is my absolute favorite thing anyone has ever written about the life of a celebrity. It pictures a perfect misunderstanding of how everyone things being a celebrity is such a cool thing - Geri Halliwell describes it as living in a bubble. You're being ripped to shreds and yet you still have to pretend you're strong and that you inspire people.

Her life story is quite shocking, but her quirky writing brings out some laughs as well. She gives us some insight on what happened in the Spice Girls from the audition stages, to the end, but also explains the negative effects of the celebrity life. It shows her battle with food and money and everything in between.
At some point it even discussed the big prince Harry mishap, and how apparently he had a picture of Baby Spice in his bedroom.

It's definitely a very light read and won't go over your head too much, but it's nice to get an insight on the celebrity life everyone adores so much.

xoxo Mandy

0 comments: