Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling

Posted: Monday 12 August 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , , , ,
0

I’m sure we all know the story from the books or the films, however I am only reading the books for the first time and I have completely fallen in love with the series. For those of you that have only watched the films, read the books! Being a Tolkien fan I used to criticise Rowling as a poor imitation, now I’ve read the books I realise that perhaps Steve Kloves (who wrote the screenplay for all eight films) failed to capture the distinct differences between the authors’ works.
As for this book; words escape me. Not my favourite of the series, but still it has an amazing story and had me truly empathising with the characters. There is so much detail that was not included within the film, it is a must read. And if you’ve already read it, read it again.

Helen

0 comments: