Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J. K. Rowling

Posted: Monday 12 August 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , , , ,
0

I’m sure we all know the story from the books or the films, however I am only reading the books for the first time and I have completely fallen in love with the series. For those of you that have only watched the films, read the books! Being a Tolkien fan I used to criticise Rowling as a poor imitation, now I’ve read the books I realise that perhaps Steve Kloves (who wrote the screenplay for all eight films) failed to capture the distinct differences between the authors’ works.
This book was by far the most emotional of the series so far in my opinion (I still have two to read). I had to put the book down every few paragraphs because I couldn’t see through the tears after the return from the Ministry of Magic. The thing I love most about this series is the way the writing style matures with the characters and the readers; it really does encourage children to continue reading into adulthood. Again read it or read it again; Rowling has a fan for life in me.

Helen

0 comments: