Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J. K. Rowling

Posted: Monday 12 August 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , , , ,
0

I’m sure we all know the story from the books or the films, however I am only reading the books for the first time and I have completely fallen in love with the series. For those of you that have only watched the films, read the books! Being a Tolkien fan I used to criticise Rowling as a poor imitation, now I’ve read the books I realise that perhaps Steve Kloves (who wrote the screenplay for all eight films) failed to capture the distinct differences between the authors’ works.
This was my favourite film in the series, and so far it is my favourite book too. Again so much detail was lost when it was made into a film (like why Fleur didn’t have an accent in The Deathly Hallows). Rowling once again exceeded my expectations with this book and where I could never understand the fandom before I thoroughly can now. Again read this book, or read it again.

Helen

0 comments: