Called out of Darkness - Anne Rice

Posted: Monday 12 August 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , ,
0

Rice claims this autobiography is her “spiritual confession”, which I feel seems appropriate. Discussing details from her childhood, her religion, that she lost her faith as she matured and then through writing The Vampire Chronicles found it again. I found the details of her life moving and inspirational; treated as an adult by her parents, often roaming the streets of New Orleans alone, it is easy to make comparisons between her and the vampire child Claudia. I suggest anyone that enjoys Rice’s work read this as it gives a deeper understanding of where she got her ideas for her work from. I feel honoured to have been given a snippet of her life, but I am a great admirer of her works.

Helen

0 comments: